Sunday, September 09, 2007

Evening Thoughts in September

2 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Sunday, September 9, 2007 about 7:10 PM PDT

The sun is slowly setting behind the western mountains. Of course, I can't see the sunset because my garage hides the view. It's early September and I'm doing laundry. I've did laundry everyday for the past seven months. I'll probably be doing laundry for the next seven months. I bought a enough laundry detergent to do 150 loads, so that ought to last for a while.

It's less then four months to the end of 2007. It's less then four months to my birthday. I'm a Christmas Eve baby. I'm a baby boomer, I'll be 61 my next birthday. This has been a stressful year and while I don't normally attend or commemorate December 31 or January 1 New Year celebrations, I might make an exception this year. I usually celebrate the Baha'i New Year, Naw-Ruz, on March 20/21.

Of course I could just as easily celebrate my birthday. I usually don't go out on Christmas Eve if I don't have to, but this year is different. I get the feeling that all the stress and difficulties I've encountered have more to do with birth then anything else. I'm emerging from my cocoon. I'm seeing the world through new eyes. I actually find doing laundry and scrubbing the floors on my hands and knees spiritual experiences. I'm also getting a new mop tomorrow and it won't be a sponge mop.

In October I celebrate becoming a member of writing.com. In November I celebrate declaring my faith in Baha'u'llah. Each of these are important mile stones in my life. The most important of the two is my Declaration of Belief in Baha'u'llah and the attendance of my first Feast as a Baha'i. Finding Baha'u'llah was the most important thing to happen to me since my birth into this world. I'm not sure how I'm going to celebrate this event this year, I probably won't know until a few days before I'm planning on celebrating.

No comments: