Wednesday, September 12, 2007

To Go To Bed or Stay Up

6 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Tuesday, September 12, 2007 about 11:01 PM PDT

To go to bed or stay up that is the question. I'm sitting in front of the computer dozing off. Before I started this entry I was reading e-mail and taking surveys until I started to sleep sitting up. The problem is that as soon as my head hits the pillow I'll be wide awake again. This has happened several times in the past week or so.

Monday night I sit on the patio with my prayer book and prayed. I found myself dozing off. In fact, I actually went to sleep sitting in a patio chair. I woke up and went to bed, I laid there looking either out the window or at the ceiling. The view out the window was a lot better because I could see Metro's helicopter flying over the neighborhood.

It's going to be this way for the next month and a half. As soon as I get up and go to bed I won't be able to fall asleep, but if I stay up working at the computer I'll doze off. I wouldn't mind staying up in November because that NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) I'm going to sign up again this year. The sign ups start on October 1, Novel Writing Month starts on November 1. Then I wouldn't mind getting up again and going back to the computer.

Now, however, I'd like to get a little sleep and sleeping in a chair isn't restful. Tomorrow I'm taking Mom in for another blood test. This is the second on this week and I can tell you she isn't happy about it. I'm not all that joyous about it myself. Fortunately we have a handicap permit because of Mom's inability to walk long distances. Still waiting in the line and then in the Quest waiting room is tiring.

No comments: