Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Hot Java

12 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Wednesday, September 19, 2007 about 6:44 AM PDT

I went to and read in the 9th Annual Las Vegas Ladies Poetry Night at the reJAVAnate last night. This event hasn't always been at the reJAVAnate, it's been held at several different coffee houses over the past nine years. The title for this years event was Hot Java. My mother read last night as well.

The house was packed and I saw several people I haven't seen in a year. Actually I haven't been to a lot of poetry readings in the past year or is is seven months (it's possible I attended an open mic either in February or March of this year). I went to men's night last month and then read in women's night last night. Other then that I haven't participated in or been to reading in a while. You'd think I'd remember the last time I attended a poetry reading, but the last seven months have been stressful to say the least. I think things are looking up, they appear to be looking up.

Last night's reading was fun. Mom and I had two different drink, when I got there I bought us a hot chai latte and then we got a large Mocha Java. There was also birthday cake there so we had some cake. I haven't had a slice of birthday cake or any type of cake in some time.

No comments: