Sunday, September 23, 2007

A Good Book

16 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Sunday, September 23, 2007 about 9:27 AM PDT

It's amazing what you find when you open a book and leaf through it's pages. I found the book mark in one of my personal library books. I don't remember starting to read the book, but lately the stress level has raised to a rash so it's possible I started to read the book before March 12.

The book I found the marker in is The Purpose of Physical Reality: The Kingdom of Names by John S. Hatcher. This book suggest an answer to the question: Why did God ordain spiritual beings (humans/human soul) begin their lives in the physical world?

The book is divided into four (long) chapters. Chapter 1: The Search for Divine Justice in the Physical World. Chapter 2: The Baha'i Paradigm of Physical Reality. Chapter 3: A Guide to the Physical Classroom. Chapter 4: The Eternal Consequence of the Physical Experience. These chapters are further subdivided into sections. In the book Dr. Hatcher backs up his assertions with quotes from various scriptural and non-scriptural sources.

When it comes to reading this book, I think I'll just start at the beginning again, using the book mark to keep my place.

No comments: