Friday, August 31, 2007

End of the Month Blues

13 Asma 164 B.E. - August 31, 2007 about 9:43 PM PDT

I'm not sure what's been wrong with me all day. I've felt sort of sad or down. Not that I'm unhappy, but just a little blue. It's probably because it's the end of the month and almost the end of 2007. I feel like I'm floating in circles and getting nowhere fast.

I run out of laundry detergent today, so I went to the store. I got detergent, trash bags, toilet paper, bleach, red and green salsa, barbecue sauce, Arizona ice tea, and beef patties. Earlier today after we picked up Mom's meds we went to KFC and got their 10 piece meal. I'm going to put the barbecue sauce on the chicken that is left and let it marinate. I cooked rice yesterday, I'll put the salsa in the rice.

Maybe I'm blue because the only time I've been out to eat in the past month is to get a KFC meal deal. I'd really like a prime rib with raw horseradish, baked potato with butter and sour cream and a nice salad.

Mom and I went to the poetry reading on Tuesday, I'm thinking we'll go to the Labor Day open mic next Tuesday. There is a feast at the Baha'i center on Friday evening, so I won't go to the First Friday reading in the Art's district this month. I'll have to check October's calender, but I think the First Friday in October is open (unless something comes up) so I'll go to the reading then.

I could also be blue because this hasn't been a productive day. However, tomorrow will be different. Saturday, September 1, is recyclable day in my neighborhood, so I'm going to take the recyclables out. I'm not sure that I'll get everything out, but I'll get most of the recyclables out this week. There are three recyclable days in September, so that should let me get all that stuff out of the garage.

I'm going to attempt to get most of the laundry done tomorrow. The washing machine isn't level so I have to stand by against it when it goes through the spin cycle or it moves and I have to push it back into position. Pushing the washer isn't good for my back and standing by it while it's spinning gives me a chance to meditate. I don't think I have all that many loads, so it shouldn't take a long time to do. While I'm waiting for the cloths to wash I can clean off the kitchen counter, wash the microwave out or do the dishes.

I suppose doing laundry and dishes is productive, but I'd like to be doing something else. I'd prefer to write or read. I still have to find a decent mop. I'm working with sponge mops right now and I don't like them, but their all we have around the house. I really didn't know how much I didn't like them until I started doing all the floors with Mom being sick and unable to do them. I don't know how she worked with a sponge mop. I'm probably going to end up on my hands and knees scrubbing floors.

Scrubbing floors on my hands and knees is a spiritual experience. However, my right knee bothers me worse than usual when I do that. I haven't discussed it with a doctor because I have other health problems that are more important. The knee normally only bothers me if I walk over a mile or something like that.

No comments: