Thursday, September 13, 2007

Thankful Thursday Gratitude Journal Entry

7 'Izzat 164 B.E. - Thursday, September 13, 2007 about 8:33 PM PDT

Dear Glory,

Today I am thankful for the wind that blows through to olive and stone pine trees in my front yard. When I am outside the wind makes soft music that whispers through the olive leave and pine needle.

Today I am grateful for the bucket of laundry detergent that I bought at Food 4 Less last week. I can wash 150 loads of laundry before I have to get another bucket.

Today I am thankful for the fabric sheets I got at Albertsons' on Monday (maybe I should start making a grocery list before I go to the store and I wouldn't for get anything). I can dry 160 loads of laundry before worrying about getting more.

Today I am grateful for coffee warmed over in the microwave. It taste as good as it did when I first made it this morning or was it yesterday morning. I pour the left over coffee into a Tupperware container and then warm it over in a white microwavable coffee cup.

Today I am thankful for having enough gas in the car to last until Saturday before worrying about where the money for another few gallons will come from.

Today I am grateful for peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. I had my first peanut butter and jelly sandwich in two years on Monday. I still remember the taste of it and the pleasant memories of my grandparents that came to mind.

Today I am thankful for the mourning doves that eat the olives that fall of the olive tree.

Today I am grateful for the neighbor's cat that walks through my yard everyday and pauses to look through either the living room window or the screened in patio windows.

Today I am thankful for having completed the iVillage course on business before the close of class on September 14.

Today I am grateful for the prayers for praise and gratitude in the Baha'i Prayer book.

Thankfully yours,
Prosperous Snow, Poet 999, Neva F. Darbe

No comments: