Monday, May 15, 2017

Motivational Monday: Contemplating My Worldview

The instructor teaching the blogging class I took on Saturday, May 13, suggested I ask myself this question: What is my worldview? After thinking about this question, I have come to the conclusion that my worldview has changed over the decades. My beliefs in the early twenty-first century are different then the were in the middle twentieth century. 

Part of this change is due to maturity and part is the results of a change in religion. In the late twentieth century, I declared my belief in Baha'u'llah. As a result I now look at the world differently. I believe in the three onenesses: (1) humanity is a single race, (2) God is an unknowable essence with many names, and (3) religion is one book with many chapters. At regular intervals God sends a prophet or Manifestation (a person who reflect the divine attributes to humanity) to assist the human race in the next stage of its spiritual growth. It is this belief that motivates me to write poetry and prose. 

No comments: