Friday, May 05, 2017

Las Vegas Summer Approaching

Istiqlál (Independence), 9 Jamál (Beauty) 174 BE - Friday, May 5, 2017 CE about 3:01 PM Pacific Daylight Time 

Summer approaching 
Triple digit temperatures: 
Why do I live here? 

The obvious answer is that I can't afford to take a summer vacation to a cooler or more pleasant city. Therefore, I suffer  through the triple digit temperatures praying that I don't have to make a choice between paying the rent or paying the power bill. 

I checked the temperature on my smartphone and it reads 96 degrees.  I next checked the temperature on Bing and it read 99 degrees. There isn't that much of a difference between the two temperatures which means I'm going to have to turn on the air soon. I both dislike and like turning on the air conditioner. I dislike it because of the power bill. I like it because of the cool air. 

The first day of summer is Wednesday, June 21, which is over a month away. I'm not going to be able to keep the air off until then because the temperature is becoming uncomfortable. I prefer temperatures in the low 80s or the 70s. When it starts getting over 85 degrees it starts getting uncomfortable. 

No comments: