Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Tuesday Afternoon in Las Vegas

Fiḍál (Grace), 6 Kamál (Perfection), 170 BE - Tuesday, August 6, 2013 about 12:57 PM Pacific Time

The postman just delivered the mail and I am about out of iced coffee. I should get up from this computer and pick up the letters or more likely junk mail he just stuck through the mail slot in the front door. I am not looking forward to seeing what the postman brought today, but it could be something important.

Tuesday afternoon
wind blowing and sky hazy
sun cast dark shadows

I need another cup of iced coffee or maybe a cold soda. The problem is that I do not want to get up. The only thing I want to do is write. I keep looking out the window to see if I can get an idea for another haiku or perhaps a story. The only things I see outside are cars driving by or the wind blowing through a neighbor's olive tree.

blow dryer effect
triple digit temperatures
a hazy blue sky

This afternoon, the wind is variable. I can tell which way the wind is blowing by looking at the American flag flying in front of my neighbor's house. I do not think the wind is blowing more then two or three miles an hour; however, I have not listened to the news or checked the weather online, so the wind could be blowing faster or slower.

Las Vegas summer
wind blue skies and sometime clouds
always hot outside



No comments: