Sunday, August 04, 2013

Sunday Review: Tried something new last week

Jamál (Beauty), 4 Kamál (Perfection), 170 BE - Sunday, August 4, 2013 about 9:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time

I tried something new last week, I used a packaged dressing and seasoning mix to make a spread for my sandwiches. A week or so ago, when I picked up some food supplies at one of the churches which gives away free food, I received two packages of garlic and herb packaged dressing mix. At the time, I did not know what I was going to do with the mix.

On Friday, August 2, I went to the store to pick up some food supplies and use some coupons that were on the verge of expiring. One of the coupons was for two jars of mayonnaise, so I bought them. On Saturday, I mixed the garlic and herb seasoning with the mayonnaise. The mixture tastes good when spread on bread with an egg. The mayonnaise gives the garlic and herbs an intriguing flavor. I am still experimenting with this mixture so I do not have a specific recipe yet.

That is the only thing new I tried last week. I like to attempt something new each week even if the only thing I do is cook something different. I  have a dish of pasta in the refrigerator that I cooked on Thursday. I still have a package of the herb and garlic seasoning, so I think I will try the mayonnaise mixture on the pasta because I think it would make a great dressing for a pasta salad.


No comments: