Friday, August 09, 2013

Friday shopping in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 9 Kamál (Perfection), 170 BE - Friday, August 9, 2013 about 7:08 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I went to the grocery store this morning. I bought two individual watermelons, a loaf of bread, and a package of personal items. I intended to buy only the bread and the personal items, but the watermelons were two for the price of one so I bought two. Since I am the only one in the house I will be eating watermelon for at least four days, unless I decided to have the melons for two meals tomorrow.

cold watermelon
a summer time favorite
childhood memories

I started buying the individual watermelons when Mom was alive. I could buy one melon without worrying about finding room in the refrigerator. I found that I like the small melons because they taste good and I can eat one in a couple of days instead of a week and worrying about it spoiling. I know that I should have purchased just one melon, but the price was good and I was thirsty.

I ate before I went to the store this morning, but I did not take any water with me because I figured I was just going a short distance. Next time I take water with me and drink it before going into the store. That way I will not be tempted to purchase more melons then I can eat in two days.

No comments: