Monday, August 19, 2013

Monday and my Thoughts are Scattered

Kamál (Perfection), 19 Kamál (Perfection), 170 BE - Monday, August 19, 2013 about 1:07 PM Pacific Daylight Time

It's Monday
and my thoughts are scattered
unlike the clouds
that cover the Las Vegas sky.

There isn't a completed cloud cover because patches of blue sky peek through the white clouds. The clouds are bright and reflecting the sunlight that slips through the scattered patches of blue. There is a gentle breeze blowing through the neighbor's olive and oak trees.

It was a pleasant morning, at least from my point of view. Some  people would say it was a muggy morning that because of the humidity felt hotter then it really was, but after yesterday's rain I thought it felt pleasant.

It's Monday
for breakfast I ate borsch
poured over blueberry bagels;
even though
I didn't add sour cream
the concoction tasted good.

It's past time for lunch, so I should go fix me something to eat. I have a can of beef and some cooked celery. I cooked the celery in borsch and it still has some of the sweet beet taste. I think I will open the can of beef, mix it with the celery, and warm it up in the microwave.

No comments: