Wednesday, August 07, 2013

I need to drink more water

‘Idál (Justice), 7 Kamál (Perfection), 170 BE – Wednesday, August 7, 2013 about 4:30 PM Pacific Daylight Time

I have heard that a person should drink water before they get thirsty because thirst is a sign of dehydration. The problem is that I do not think about drinking water before I am thirsty. When I do get thirsty, I usually fix myself a glass of iced water or drink a soda. I know that I should drink water or juice instead of soda, but water or juice do not always quench my thirst. Water alone does not always quench my thirst.

In order for water to quench my thirst, it has to be very cold. I do not like to drink water that is room temperature. I do not mind drinking hot tea or coffee, but water has be iced cold before I can drink enough to quench my thirst. I know this probably sounds silly, but I do know where it came from.

When I was a child growing up in Oklahoma, my Grandmother always kept cold water in the refrigerator. If she did not have cold water in the fridge then she would get an ice cube tray out of the freezer and make us ice cold water. As a child, I never drink water directly from the faucet and I think that is why I do not like to drink water at room temperature.

No comments: