Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Birds, birds, and more birds

Fiḍál (Grace), 1 Asmá’(Names), 170 BE - Tuesday, August 20, 2013 about 7:50 AM Pacific Time

This morning, I saw a flock of birds flying south east. The black or dark brown birds stood out against the grayish, moisture bearing clouds. I think there were about half-a-dozen birds in the flock. I am not a birdwatcher so I do not know the names of the birds.

a flock of black birds
are flying southeast toward
the outskirts of town

This is the third time this week I have noticed the bird in this neighborhood. On Sunday, I saw a mourning dove sitting on my garage roof. I watched it for about five or six minutes before it flew away. Then on Monday, I saw another mourning dove (or perhaps it was the same one I saw on Sunday)  sitting on my garage roof.

Sunday mourning dove
sits on top of my garage
then it flies away

There are only a handful of birds I can identify by sight, sound, and name. I can identify mourning doves, sparrows, and nightingales.  Mourning doves are grayish with pigeon shaped bodies and they sound like they are crying. Sparrows and nightingales are small birds, with the sparrows somewhat smaller then the nightingales. The nightingales song is the sweeties and most beautiful of any birdsong I have heard.

Monday mourning dove
makes an encore appearance
but does not remain

No comments: