Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Waiting for a postal delivery in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 8 Asmá’ (Names), 170 BE – Tuesday, August 27, 2013 about 2:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time

It is the last Tuesday in August and I am waiting for the mail carrier to arrive. I have not seen the U.S. Postal Service truck drive past. I have not heard letter slot in the front door. All right, strike that! I just heard the carrier drop something through the slot. Perhaps the letter I am waiting for has arrived. Perhaps I will have to wait another day or two for it to come.

I should get up and go into the entrance hall to pick up the mail. I know that just sitting in front of the computer typing this entry is not going to get the mail that is waiting for me. I eventually I have to pick it up to see if I received a bill, junk mail, or something important. While I am up, I should get a glass of ice water and check the thermostat.

It sounds as if; I am attempting to find something to do beside pick up the mail. I want to pick the mail up, so that I know if the letter came. The problem is that I do not want to know if the letter did not come. I know that does not make sense; however, that is how I feel right now. I may as well check to see if the letter came. I will post this and then check the hall for the mail.

No comments: