Friday, August 30, 2013

Isolated Thunderstorms in Las Vegas

Istiqlál (Independence), 11 Asmá’(Names), 170 BE - Friday, August 30, 2013 about 9:03 AM Pacific Daylight Time

Isolated thunderstorms is what t it said on weather.com. I have not turned on television this morning, so I cannot say what the local meteorologist  have to say. When I looked at the news last night, something was mentioned about rain and thunderstorms today, but I did not pay much attention. The only time I watch the weather report closely is when I plan to leave the house.

Do I hear thunder?
A distant rumble echoes,
I see no lightning.

I like to stay home when it rains. There are two reasons for this, first I do not like to drive in the rain. People in Las Vegas seem to forget how to drive on the slick roads, so I would just as soon stay home or have someone else drive me around when it rains.

Raindrops gently fall
Making the slick asphalt shine,
Driving dangerous.

Second, I like to watch the rain from my living room, kitchen, or bedroom window. Watching the rain brings back memories of my childhood. When it rained on Friday evening or the weekends, I could sit in my Grandparents' living room and watch the rain. Grandma's couch was placed against the wall so that anyone sitting on it could look out the window. This gave a good view of the rain in summer and the snow in winter.

No comments: