Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Midweek Reflections: A To Do List versus An I Did List

‘Idál (Justice), 2 Asmá’(Names), 170 BE - Wednesday, August 21, 2013 about 11:00 AM Pacific Daylight

Time After several attempts at working a "To Do List" with little success, I have decided to take a different approach to the subject. A few years before my mother's death, we discussed how she did her house work and held down a full time job while raising four children. My mother told me that she wrote down the house work items she accomplished before going to work.

I ran across one of Mom's lists in a notebook, I looked it over and realized that she never wrote down the doing the dishes or laundry which she did everyday. Mom wrote down the big stuff that she had to do either once a week or once a month. That way she knew she had completed the task for that week or that month. Another thing I remember about Mom doing housework, is that she did not have specific days to do a specific job.

For instance, if Mom cleaned the bathroom on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday one week then the next week she would clean it on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. She worked the same way when it came to the kitchen or another room in the house. So I think I will stop attempting a "To Do List" and write "An I Did List", at least for housework.

No comments: