Thursday, December 01, 2011

Winter has arrived in Las Vegas

Istijlál (Majesty), 9 Qawl (Speech), 168 BE – Thursday, December 1, 2011 about 11:40 AM Pacific Time

Winter has finally arrived in Las Vegas, with High Wind Warnings in the valley and Winter Storm Warning in the mountains. Today is cloudy and chilly. I did not let this prevent me from doing a couple of loads of laundry and hanging them on the line. Since I did not do laundry on Tuesday and Wednesday, I had to do it today. I am behind and I need to catch up this week.

So far, it has not rained, I did hear thunder earlier, but that has stopped. If it rains, I can do nothing about it. I just hope that it holds off until some of the clothes are dry. True it takes longer for cloths to dry on a cloudy day, but the eventually dry. I have to consider getting an electric dryer and then I would not have to worry about the weather and the clothes drying. However, the dryer has to wait a while because other things take priority.

I have a small space heater for the bathroom and a clothes rack. I can always put the cloths rack in the bathroom and turn on the space heater. That will allow me to dry some of the clothes in the house. I would prefer to hang the clothes outside or use an electric dryer. The space heater and the clothes rack will help me catch up on the laundry, which is what I want to do this week.

No comments: