Saturday, July 02, 2011

Rotator Cuff Issues

Jalál (Glory), 9 Rahmat (Mercy), 167 BE – Saturday, July 2, 2011 about 3:55 PM Pacific Time

My left shoulder has been extremely painful for the past couple of weeks. It was so bad that I could not get my left hand behind my back, so when I went to the doctor yesterday I discussed it with her. It turns out I injured my rotator cuff; I suspect it was giving Mom a bath. Anyway, the doctor prescribed a medication for the pain and gave me some exercises to do.

I picked up the medication today and took one of the tablets when I got home. It is amazing how much better I feel without pain. I had been taking an over the counter pain pill, but that did not help. I did not tear the rotator cuff, but I did strain it.

The strain rehabilitation exercises are easy. I have to do them when Mom is asleep, so I do them in either the morning before she is awake or in the evening after she goes to bed. Mom gets upset if she thinks there is something wrong with me, so I have to be careful when I am in pain or not feeling well. Because of the Alzheimer’s is afraid my condition is worse then it is.

No comments: