Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Today does not seem like Tuesday

Fidál (Grace), 12 Rahmat (Mercy), 167 BE – Tuesday, July 5, 2011 about 5:50 PM Pacific Time

I keep thinking today is Monday; it just does not feel like Tuesday. I think that is because yesterday was a holiday. On the Fourth of July, the adult daycare center did not open, so Mom stayed home. Mom attends the center Monday through Friday unless one of those days is a holiday.

I enjoyed having Mom home for three days straight; however, it threw my sense of time off. Today feels like Monday because Mom went back to the center today. She left the house about 8:30 AM and returned home around 4:30 PM. Mom was in decent mood today, she did cry this morning while she waited in her wheelchair for the Center’s buss to pick her up, but I think that was because she is not used to taking the wheelchair.

When she came home this afternoon, she was happy and not crying. I think she will eventually get used to taking the wheelchair to the daycare. In fact, for the past few days Mom has been in a good mood. Yesterday and today, she got up willing and did not fuss when I asked her to change her cloths. In addition, she went to the daycare without putting up a fuse.

I am happy about Mom’s good mood and I hope it last a while. Perhaps the medication is doing some good after all. I will just go with the flow and accept Mom’s mood as a blessing.

No comments: