Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Convincing my mother to eat

‘Idál (Justice), 8 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Wednesday, July 20, 2011 about 5:30 PM Pacific Time

I finally figured out how to get my mother to eat. The discovery was an accident. I had some fresh frozen peas, green beans, carrots, and corn, in the freezer. I made soup with the vegetables and a shrimp bullion cub, Mom loved it. She ate everything in the soup bowl and asked for seconds. We finished that soup on Monday.

On Tuesday, I mixed some canned green beans, carrots, and peas with a can of chicken. Tomorrow, I have to fix something else, but I have not decided what. I still have some frozen corn and green beans in the freezer, perhaps I can mix a can of peas and carrots with those. I still have a couple of cans of chicken I could mix with that.

On July 30, I will pick up a fruit and vegetable box I ordered earlier this month. It contains ears of corn, squash, cabbage and carrots; I can fix a salad and fried squash or fix a zucchini salad; Mom would like that. In the mean time, Mom will have to be satisfied with canned fruit and vegetables. In addition, to a box of instant potatoes, have some pork chops and a couple of small steaks in the freezer; perhaps we will have those with some potatoes and gravy on Saturday. Mom likes mashed potatoes and gravy.

No comments: