Monday, July 25, 2011

Monday Morning Tears

Kamál (Perfection), 13 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Monday, July 25, 2011 about 8:54 AM Pacific Time

Mom cried all morning and when I ask her what was wrong she said “Nothing.” I never know why Mom is crying and I suspect she does not know either. It has to do with the Alzheimer’s disease. I think Mom cries because of her perception of life and other people. The only thing I can do is make sure she takes her medication and try to keep her mind occupied so that she does not cry.

Mom enjoys some things. Sometimes Mom laughs at things she hears or sees on television. Mom likes to listen to the Long Healing Prayer, so I sit down beside her and read it. She will sit quietly with her eyes closed while I read the prayer. Mom loves to listen to all the prayers revealed by the Bab and Baha’u’llah. Everyday I sit beside her on the couch and read one or two prayers for her.

Mom does not cry when I read the prayers to her. She has difficulty seeing, so she cannot read them herself. Mom cannot do much of anything anymore. Alzheimer’s and other age related issues prevent her doing the things she used to do.

No comments: