Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday is Laundry day for me in Las Vegas

Fidál (Grace), 14 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Tuesday, July 26, 2011 about 6:12 PM Pacific Time

My grandmother always had one day of the week to do laundry, she was flexible enough about “laundry day” so that she could change the day when necessary. Grandma did laundry on Saturday, if it did not rain or it was summer. In summer, we went to Lake Blackwell on the weekend, so Grandma did laundry on Friday.

Grandma did not wash cloths on rainy days. She hung her cloths on a cloths line in the backyard, so if it rained the cloths would not dry. If it was a rainy Saturday, my Grandma Newland would wait until Monday to wash cloths.

Since I go to a laundromat, I do not have to worry about drying cloths. I have decided to do laundry on Tuesday. Today, I wash three baskets, which is my limit when it concerns carrying cloths into the laundromat or back to the car after the cloths are dry. This does have its disadvantages because if I have more then three baskets, I have to wait until I recovered from lugging full laundry baskets back and forth from the car. However, eventually I will catch up on the laundry.

No comments: