Saturday, July 09, 2011

Improvising a Gourmet Lunch

Jalál (Glory), 16 Rahmat (Mercy), 167 BE – Saturday, July 9, 2011 about 3:10 PM Pacific Time

Mom and I had a gourmet lunch today. I did not fix it from scratch, but used a frozen stir-fry meal. I know that is not what most people consider gourmet, but it is as close as I can get today. I enjoy cooking gourmet meals, but I do not get the pleasure very often. If I want a meal of this type, I have either to go to a restaurant or improvise. Today I improvised.

It is difficult to take Mom to a restaurant and I cannot leave her alone, so I cannot get a gourmet meal to go. I also did not go to the Commemoration of the Martyrdom of the Bab, for the same reason I could not got to a restaurant. It is difficult to take Mom out; she does not like to leave the house. Because Mom has Alzheimer’s disease, she has behavioral issues.

The doctor prescribed a new medication for behavioral problems, so Mom and I may be able to go out more often. I will have to wait and see how the medication affects Mom. There is a nineteen-day feast in a few day, so I will she how Mom is reacting to the medication; perhaps we can go to the Feast.

No comments: