Saturday, July 23, 2011

At home in Las Vegas

Jalál (Glory), 11 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Saturday, July 23, 2011 about 5:49 PM Pacific Time

This morning, I made orange steak with mashed potatoes and gravy. I used orange juice to marinade the stake and then fried it in the electric skillet. The potatoes were instant and the gravy was homemade. The steak tasted and looked good. The gravy tasted good, but it did not look as I thought it should. I am out of practice making gravy from scratch.

My gravy looked too thin and it contained lumps. I do not like gravy with lumps, but since I made it, I ate it. Mom did not complain, but then she never complains about the food. Sometimes she does not want to take her medication; however, she always wants to eat. I asked her about the food, she said it tasted good and did not say anything about the lumps in the gravy.

Right now, Mom is dozing on the couch. I have to get her up and to her bedroom. The couch is not comfortable, when I fall asleep laying on it my back hurts when I wake up. I am not looking forward to getting Mom up because she gets upset and even angry once she decides that the couch is her bed. Taking care of someone suffering from Alzheimer’s disease is an education.

No comments: