Thursday, July 14, 2011

Encouraging my Mother to eat

Istijlál (Majesty), 2 Kalimát (Words), 167 BE – Thursday, July 14, 2011 about 5:55 PM Pacific Time

I finally figured out the secret of getting my mother to eat. It is a simple process of fixing a meal with different tastes. I noticed a few days ago when I fixed some leftovers. I mixed different vegetables with two different types of meat. When I give it to Mom, she ate everything on her plate or rather in her bowl.

Mom likes to eat her food out of a cereal or soup bowl. It does not matter what she is eating, she wants it in a bowl rather then a plate. As long as she eats, I do not care what type of plate or bowl wants her food in. I am happy to find out she eats better if the food has different tastes and textures.

Today, I fixed vegetable soup. I mixed four different types of frozen vegetables together and let them cook in the slow cooker. To the vegetables, I added a shrimp bouillon cube. Mom enjoyed the veggie and she ate everything in her bowl. Tomorrow I will warm some of the soup up in the microwave and maybe add some canned chicken or fish. I think I have a can of salmon in the pantry.

No comments: