Friday, April 01, 2011

April Fools Day Memories

Istiqlál (Independence), 12 Baha (Splendor), 168 BE – Friday, April 1, 2011 about 4:35 PM Pacific Time

I have been thinking about April Fools Day memories and pranks. I do not have any outstanding memories of pranks played on April Fools’ Day. I remember my brothers finding a dead snake in a trashcan, which they threw into the living room. The snake landed in such a way that it looked as if it crawled into the house. Everyone, except my brothers thought the snake was alive because there was a rip in the screen door and the snake could have crawled into the house.

I do not remember if this was an April Fools prank or just an ordinary prank. My brothers had a tendency to do things like this; perhaps that is why I do not specifically remember any of their April Fools pranks. My brothers were very mischievous and always did things that on April Fools day would make good April Fools pranks, but they did them all year long.

I remember the snake incident occurred sometime in the spring. I also remember that it was a large snake. I think possible a black snake or some other non-poisonous serpent. This could have been an April Fools’ Day prank.

No comments: