Saturday, April 16, 2011

Tears and songs: Show me the way to go home

Jalál (Glory), 8 Jalál (Glory), 168 BE – Saturday, April 16, 2011 about 1:53 PM Pacific Time

Mom is happy. She is singing, “Show me the way to go home”. Mom has a beautiful voice and I enjoy hearing her sing. Mom usually sings this song when she is happy. I suspect it may have a meaning to her, but I do not know what because she will not tell me.

This morning Mom was unhappy. Mom cried and said everyone hated her, which seems to be normal with Alzheimer’s patients. Mom also wanted to see her parents. Mom’s parents, my grandparents, are dead. We buried them in Blackwell, Oklahoma, years ago. Mom does not remember they died. Instead, she thinks they are traveling somewhere.

Mom cries because she misses her mother and father. She always says that her father went east and her mother went north or west. I am not sure what she is referring to, but I would like to know; unfortunately, Mom cannot tell me what she means. Since Mom cannot tell me, because she does not remember, I will continue to wonder about that. The only thing I can do when Mom brings up Grandma and Grandpa is change the subject so that Mom does not cry.

No comments: