Sunday, April 03, 2011

Green Prayer Beads

Jamál (Beauty), 14 Baha (Splendor), 168 BE – Sunday, April 3, 2011 about 4:09 PM Pacific Time

It is a good day. I woke up before dawn, took my medication, and found my green prayer beads lying on the table in the breakfast room. I prayed, chanted, meditated, and then made coffee. I did not see the sun come up because I have not yet cleaned off the patio.

During the spring and summer, I like to sit on the patio and watch the sun come up. I usually chant before outside. I take a pen and paper journal with me so that I can keep track of writing ideas. Dawn is a spiritual time, a time when my muse finds ideas for poems.

I chose green prayer beads because the color reminds me of spring. Spring is a good time to write haiku. Spring is a good time to write spiritual poetry. Spring is nature’s new year when flowers bloom and trees leaf. Spring is a wonderful time of year, when anything seems possible. Spring is my favorite time of year and so, when I chose my prayer beads I picked a string that reminded me of this season.

No comments: