Thursday, April 07, 2011

Thankful Thursday, April 07, 2011

Istijlál (Majesty), 18 Baha (Splendor), 168 BE – Thursday, April 7, 2011 about 5:25 PM Pacific Time

This is Thankful Thursday, the day I make my gratitude list. It does not matter how difficult a week a person can always find ten things for which to give thanks. A weekly gratitude list is important because it keeps me grounded and I worry less.

Worry prevents me from finding solutions to my problems. Therefore, a gratitude list gives me a chance to see the solutions I have found and a reprieve from worrying. I have found I cannot worry while I make my gratitude list.

This week I am thankful for (1) coffee, (2) peanut butter, (4) chocolate, (5) the history channel, (6) the Disney channel, (7) dry milk, (8) grape jelly, (9) fried chicken, and (10) roses. I am thankful for other things as well, but since the gratitude list contains only ten items, I will wait until next week to list more.

The intriguing thing about a gratitude list is that once I begin writing, I always find more things to put on it. Sometimes I even list why I am grateful for a specific item.

No comments: