Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011

Jamál (Beauty), 16 Jalál (Glory), 168 BE – Sunday, April 24, 2011 about 5:31 PM Pacific Time

It is Easter Sunday, April 24, 2011; I am sitting in front of my computer attempting to write. I have a newsletter to finish this evening; the problem is that I am tired. I cannot seem to think of anything to write. I am having difficulty making this entry. The subject for today’s entry is “Spiritual Subjects” and Easter Sunday is a holy day, but that is as far as I can get.

As a child, we celebrated Easter. Grandma and Grandpa would take us to church every Sunday, but Easter Sunday was special because we always received new Easter cloths. My sister and I would get pretty, new dresses and my brothers’ new suits for Easter. On Easter Sunday, we would put on our new cloths and go to Easter Services.

Today, the only thing my mother and I do to commemorate Easter is to eat chocolate Easter bunnies with our coffee. Usually, we eat the entire Easter bunny in one day; however, this year we will spread the bunnies out over the next week. I think it has something to do with age.

The last time Mom eat a lot of chocolate in one setting was on her birthday March 19 and Mom got sick. I have to admit that I was not feeling very good my self, but I did not get sick. Therefore, to prevent either of us from getting sick, we ate only the bunnies’ ears. We will eat the rest of the chocolate rabbits over the next week or so.

No comments: