Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Spaghetti and Spicy Mustard

‘Idál (Justice), 5 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Wednesday, October 19-20, 2010 about 12:53 Pacific Time

Life is like spaghetti and spicy mustard. All right, that does not seem to make much sense. I emptied a bottle of spicy must a few days ago, but there was still some mustard left. Instead of throwing the mustard away I put it in a pot of spaghetti.

I did this for two reasons. First, I needed something to use with the mustard. Second, the flavor sounded intriguing. I am a good cook. I am a creative cook. I do not like to waste anything; therefore, I put the mustard in the spaghetti while it was cooking.

I poured vegetable oil, in addition to some water, into the mustard bottle to rinse out the remaining mustard. Then I emptied the bottle of mustard into the spaghetti. The aroma of the spicy mustard and the spaghetti was tantalizing. After that, I opened a can of spaghetti sauce and put it in the pan.

I prefer to make spaghetti sauce from scratch, but we received the sauce when we picked up our commodities and I needed to use the sauce. The canned spaghetti sauce tastes good; true not like the homemade sauce, but it will do in a pinch. I am cooking for only my mother and myself so the canned sauce works well because it is quick and saves some time when I make lunch or dinner.

No comments: