Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cloths will dry on a cloudy day

Istijlál (Majesty), 13 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Thursday, October 28, 2010 about 4:20 PM Pacific Time

My grandmother would not hang cloths on the when it was cloudy. The cloths did not dry, of course, she lived in Oklahoma and I live in Nevada. I hung cloth on the line this morning and they dried. I did not rain, but it was mostly cloudy all day.

Most of the cloths I can wash at home and they dry on the line. However, I have to go to the laundromat with the sheets. I do not have a dryer and sheets dry better in an electric dryer then on the line. When I dry my sheets on the line, they look and feel wrinkled. Since I do not intend to iron sheets, I take them to the laundromat.

Grandma ironed her sheets because she did not want to make the bed with wrinkled sheets. I want my sheets unwrinkled when I make the bed, but that does not mean I am going to iron a sheet. I cannot take wet cloths to the laundromat, so I have to wash the items there.

I remember helping Grandma hang her laundry on the line. That was fun I enjoyed the experience.

No comments: