Thursday, October 21, 2010

My Portable Memory Arrived

Istijlál (Majesty), 6 ‘Ilm (Knowledge), 167 BE – Thursday, October 21, 2010 about 4:42 PM Pacific Time

My portable memory arrived today. I ordered it on October 17, 2010 using survey points. I did not expect it to come today, so it was a nice surprise. The postal carrier left it at a neighbor’s house by mistake. The neighbor brought it over after he arrived home from work. The memory is a Dane-Elec 2GB Capless UBS 2.0 Flash Drive.

I am ecstatic. I can now begin backing up my documents and cleaning off my hard drive. The first thing I need to do is decide the names of the folders. I am placing my stories and poems on the flash drives as well as CDs. This way I have two back up copies of the documents.

I am putting the final copies of the novels and poems on the flash drive. The drafts and other items go onto the CDs. I may make an exception sometimes, depending on the items I am composing.

It does not take a lot to make me happy. I get excited over little things, like a new flash drive, a pint of chocolate ice cream, or a piece of medium rare prime rib. Perhaps I should get out more; anyway, I am happy to have my new flash drive.

No comments: