Monday, October 04, 2010

Flash Flood Warning and Severe Thunderstorm Watch

Kamál (Perfection), 8 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Monday, October 4, 2010 about 1:35 PM Pacific Time

According to the e-mail in my inbox, there is a flash flood warning for Clark County until 2:15 PM PDT. In addition, The Weather Service issued a Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Mohave County Arizona, as well as Clark and Lincoln counties in Nevada. I am home for the rest of the day, so I don’t have to get out in the severe weather. I rolled up the car windows before coming into the house. It can rain all it wants now.

I’m glad it didn’t rain this morning. I had a doctor’s appointment at 10:00 AM and had to drive across town to the office. The drive was nice, even if traffic was a bit heavy. I rolled my windows down, so that I could feel the breeze as I drove to the office. I have no air conditioning in my car, besides fall is that in between time of year. It’s too cool for cold air and too warm for the heater.

Driving with the windows down reminds me of my childhood. I remember riding in Grandpa Newland’s car and feeling the breeze coming in the windows. Mom enjoyed the breeze this morning, she commented on it as I drove back from the doctor. She also commented on the dark clouds that were gathering in the east.

It’s a nice day in Las Vegas, even with the warnings, it’s a nice day. I can look out my window and watch beautiful white clouds against the blue sky. It’s too cool to turn on the cold air and too hot to run the warm air. It’s a nice day in Las Vegas.

No comments: