Thursday, October 07, 2010

Neon Thursday

Istijlál (Majesty), 11 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Thursday, October 7, 2010 about 11:53 AM Pacific Time

It’s Thursday, the day Neon, the Arts, Entertainment, Culture, and Fashion page, appears in Las Vegas Review-Journal. One of the articles in this section is “Show Us Your Purse”. This article features different local businesswoman and her purse every week. Some of the women featured in this article have designer handbags and others carry non-designer purses. I do not know who writes this feature, but Craig L. Moran is the photographer.

“Show Us Your Purse” asks several interesting questions about the handbag each woman carries. The question I find most intriguing is “What’s the strangest item you’ve carried in your bag?” I can understand this question because I have carried many strange things in my purse, or I should say purses, over the years.

In 2007, when my mother was in the hospital for a bowl resection, I carried her false teeth in my purse. I put them in the night she went into the hospital and took them out of my purse about a week or so later. Then in 2008, I had a potato in my purse. I went to a farmer’s market and bought a small mesh bag of potatoes; the bag broke and so I put the potatoes in my purse because I did not have anything else to carry the potatoes.

In 2009, I carried an empty printer cartridge in my handbag. I have not carried anything extremely strange in my purse in 2010, but the year is not over yet. I still have about 2 ½ months to put odd items in my purse.

No comments: