Sunday, October 10, 2010

Plans for the coming week

Jamál (Beauty), 14 Mashíyyat (Will), 167 BE – Sunday, October 10, 2010 about 1:26 PM Pacific Time

It's Sunday afternoon and I have a full week ahead. Monday is Columbus Day and I think the schools are closed. I don't know what else will be closed Monday. I had plans to go pick up some free food and a couple of loaves of day old bread; however, I'm not sure if the places I plan to go will be open.

I may just take the chance they will be open and go tomorrow. Mom is usually in a much better mood is she gets out of the house, so it may be worth the trip. I would prefer to make just one trip to the places I'm going, but if they are closed tomorrow then I'll have to go back on Wednesday.

I can't go on Tuesday morning because I'm having someone come in the check the heating system. If we need the heat this winter I'll turn the system on, so I ave to have it checked before November. I'm hoping we can get by without heat this winter. We're still trying to pay off the cooling bill from summer. The biggest part of the electric bill is the cold air in summer and the warm air in winter.

If I can keep the unit off, the electric bill runs less then $100.00, but if we use the unit then the bill is over $200.00. That takes a large chunk of the budget and we're on a fixed income. Living on a fixed income sucks, if I could take a job outside the house it would help. However, Mom can't stay by herself and I can't afford a paid caregiver.

I make a little money online, but that isn't enough to pay the power bill when we use the central air. I think it's central air we have, all though it could be a heat pump. I'll have to ask the tech on Tuesday when he arrives what type of unit we have. Oh well, things will work out, I just have to keep on keeping on.

No comments: