Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Midweek Reflections on the Effect of Music on my mood

'Idál (Justice), 6 Sharaf (Honor), 173 BE - Wednesday, January 4, 2017 AD about 11:16 AM Pacific Standard Time 

To say that I started out the morning a bit depressed is an understatement.  I was descending into my normal January brown study and blogging about it in my writing.com blog. Two of the blog prompts I responded to today lent themselves to the subject. After I responded and posted those entries to the proper blog groups I checked the wirting.com newsfeed. There was a community challenge to listen to the song Celebration by Cool & The Gang and then write a response of some type. I chose to put my response, which was a free verse poem, in my writing.com blog. 

As I listened to the music, I realized that my mood was changing. The fog of my January depression was lifting. I write the poem Celebration: Scattering the Darkness and posted it in my writing.com blog. After listening to the music and writing the poem, I'm feeling much more confident and a lot happier. I still have the same problems I did before I listened to the music, but now I can see clearly enough to figure out a solution. Depression doesn't help finding a solution to anything, in fact it makes the depressing situation worse because it hides the solution behind the fog of fear. 

No comments: