Friday, January 06, 2017

A Glacial Wind

Istiqlál (Independence), 8 Sharaf (Honor), 173 BE - Friday, January 6, 2017 AD about 3:01 PM Pacific Standard Time 

It is a sunny and clear 44 degrees here in Las Vegas. The wind, which is about 5 mph, feels as if it is blowing off a glacier. I went out to get the mail and my feet felt as if they were freezing. Alright, I shouldn't wear flip-flops in the winter time. Since I don't have any other shoes that fit, I need to start wearing socks so that my toes don't get cold. 

A glacial wind blows 
Whispering snow stories 
Oklahoma memories 

I don't miss Oklahoma in the winter time. I like living in Las Vegas because if I want to play in the snow, I can drive up to Mount Charleston, which I'm not going to do until I can get new tires for my car. Come to think of it, even if I had new tires, I wouldn't drive up to The Mountain this time of year. If someone else offered to take me up their, in their car, I would go, but I'm not going to drive myself or let anyone drive my car up their. 

No comments: