Friday, January 27, 2017

Fun Fact Friday: Television Memories

Istiqlál (Independence), 10 Sulṭán (Sovereignty), 173 BE - Friday, January 27, 2017 AD about 8:14 AM Pacific Standard Time 

January 27, 1926 is the day is the day John Baird, an Scottish inventor, demonstrated the television. Since I was born on December 24, 1946, I don't know what life is like without a television set. I can imagine what it was like and it most have been an interesting experience. 

Black and white T.V. 
Watching Howdy Doody , 
Captain Kangaroo, 
Micky Mouse. 

My grandfather had a black and white television sitting in the living room for a long time. I think Grandpa also had a color television but I don't know when he purchased it. I enjoyed watching both the black and white T.V. and the color. 
  

No comments: