Saturday, December 17, 2016

Seven Days and Counting

Jalál (Glory) 7 Masá’il (Questions), 173 BE - Saturday, December 17, 2016 AD about 1:25 PM Pacific Standard Time 

Seven days and counting not to Christmas, but to my birthday. On Saturday, December 24, I will celebrate my 70th birthday. I have no plans to do anything except stay home and write or sing Happy Birthday to myself. I won't be alone because I have a roommate. I don't think we'll make a big deal of my birthday. I'm not sure I want to make a big deal of it. 

I'm not precisely sure how I feel about turning seventy years old. It isn't like I've been seventy years old before. I usually don't make a great event of any of my birthdays.  Perhaps I'll revise my bucket list, after all I don't know how many more years I have on this world. I would like to live to be at least one hundred years old; however, I know that the unexpected happens and a person never really knows how long they will be on this plane of existence. 

My mother wanted to live to be one hundred, but she died in 2012 at the age of 91. She lived a good life up until the last couple of years of her life. Mom died of Alzheimer's disease which stole all her joy of living and her memory. The last few months of her life was hard on her and the entire family.  I miss Mama so much. I would have liked to have celebrated my 70th birthday with her. I celebrated 65 birthdays with Mama, she died only a few weeks before my 66th birthday. I won't celebrate alone this year, but I won't celebrate it with Mama. 

No comments: