Thursday, December 01, 2016

On the First Thankful Thursday of December 2016

Istijlál (Majesty), 10 Qawl (Speech), 173 BE - Thursday, December 1, 2016 AD about 12:32 PM Pacific Standard Time 

The year is drawing to a very cold end and expensive end. I have to get my driver's license renewed on or before December 24. In addition to the driver's license I need to get the breaks worked on in the car which will cost about $150.00 with parts and labor. I also have other bills to pay and this means I'm probably way over budget for the month of December. 

This situation caused me some trepidation and tears this morning. It made me wonder what I have to be thankful for. I said some prayers and requested two small checks from some survey groups I participate in. I am still bothered about raising the rest of the money, but at least I have a bit over $50.00 coming in. I do not know where the rest of the money is going to come from; however, I am putting that situation in God's hands and will continue to pray about it. 

Today I am thankful... 
...that my bank account is not overdrawn; 
...that I still have an active internet connection to my apartment; 
...for fresh brewed Folgers black silk coffee; 
...for the prayers revealed by The Bab and Baha'u'llah; 
...that I have a paid up membership on writing.com until June 30, 2017; 
...that despite all the difficulties I am facing I can still find something to be thankful for; 
...that I received a beautiful Christmas card through the mail a couple of days ago. 
...that I have a flannel nightgown to keep me warm at night. 
...that I have a picture of 'Abu'l-Baha sitting on the T.V. stand next to my computer desk. 
...for Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches. 

No comments: