Tuesday, December 06, 2016

In Praise of Coffee

Fiḍál (Grace), 15 Qawl (Speech), 173 BE - Tuesday, December 6, 2016 AD about 13:36 PM Pacific Standard Time 

There is nothing like a strong black cup of coffee to get the day off to a good start. This morning, as usual, I brewed a fresh carafe of Folgers black silk coffee because this is my favorite brand and blend. I have coffee every morning, but I don't always have pre-ground coffee. Sometimes, on special occasions, I purchase coffee beans and grind my own coffee. It's been a long time since I purchased coffee beans, so I think I need to purchase a small bag. I love the smell of fresh ground coffee as much as I love the aroma of it brewing. 

I learned to drink coffee from Grandpa Frank, my mother's father. Every morning he would make a fresh pot of coffee before he went to work. He would drink a cup and then fill his thermos bottle before packing his lunch to go to work. On Saturday and Sunday, his days off, he would continue to brew coffee all day long. Grandpa used a percolator instead of a coffee maker. 

No comments: