Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Midweek Reflections: Sometimes I Just Want to Give Up

'Idál (Justice), 4 Masá’il (Questions), 173 BE - Wednesday, December 14, 2016 AD about 11:11 AM Pacific Standard Time 

Sometimes I just want to give up! Sometimes I just want to throw in the towel, but I know that I shouldn't do that. I know that I need to keep going and attempt to remain positive about the entire situation because eventually it will get better. This morning my car, whom I will call George, won't get out of park. This is not the best way to start a Wednesday. This isn't how I felt earlier today. 

When I woke up, I was in a positive mood. I felt good and then my friend went to take George for a drive. He (my car) wouldn't get out of park. I called Triple AAA to get the car towed to the alley which they couldn't do because the mechanic I use will come to the house and fix the car. Triple AAA couldn't tow George to the alley. I told them to forget it for now. 

When the mechanic came he got In the car and took it out of park. George (the car) works now. Which is good because I still need to go up for meds on Friday, if I have the money to pick up my prescription and pay the power bill at the same time. If I can't do both then the prescription will have to wait because I can't be late with the power bill this month. I may not be able to pick up my medication at all this month because I still have to get my driver's license renewed before December 24 and pay one more bill.  

On the bright side, I'm feeling more positive which helps because I have a lot of work to do online. Being depressed doesn't help me work. In fact, being depressed causes me to procrastinate which causes my work to pile up and deepens my depression.  

No comments: