Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Works for me Wednesday: How do I cool down on a hot Las Vegas Summer Day?

‘Idál (Justice), 3 Jamál (Beauty), 171 BE - Wednesday, April 30, 2014 about 1:44 pm Pacific Daylight Time

How doe I cool down on a hot Las Vegas summer day? I put my canned fruit in the refrigerator to get cold before I open it for a noonday snack or desert. When I open the fruit it is cold, so I can eat it right way without having to put it in the freezer to cool down. If I want the desert frozen, then I open the can and put the fruit in a baggy or some other storage container to let it freeze.

In summer, the temperatures in Las Vegas rise to over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. On those hot days, it is nice to have a cold fruit snack already waiting in the refrigerator or freezer to help cool me down. Since I am on a low potassium diet, I can no longer have ice cream to help me cool down, but I can still have some types of canned fruit as long as I watch the  potassium content per serving.

No comments: