Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spiritual Sunday: Am I doing enought for Mother Earth?

Jamál (Beauty), 5 Jalál (Glory), 171 BE - Sunday, April 13, 2014 about 2:00 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Am I doing enough for Mother Earth? When I lived in the house I attempted to recycle by putting cans, glass, newspapers, and plastics in the recycle bins and carrying them to the curb every-other Saturday. Now that I live in an apartment, I recycle only the aluminum which I either sell myself or give to one of the people who checks for aluminum cans in the dumpsters.

The approach of Earth Day (Tuesday, April 22) caused me to ask two questions: (1) Am I doing enough for Mother Earth? and (2) Does the way humanity treats Mother Earth have an effect on our spirituality? The first question I can answer easily with a "No!" because there are probably other things I can do to help the planet. The second question I don't have an easy or a clear answer for and I'm not sure anyone does. It is a question that takes more research then I have done at present.



No comments: