Sunday, March 16, 2014

Spiritual Sunday: Cleaning out My Coffeemaker

Jamál (Beauty), 15 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 170 BE - Sunday, March 16, 2014 about 4:56 pm Pacific Daylight Time

As I write this, vinegar water is running through my coffeemaker to clean it out. I do this once a month to make sure that the coffeemaker last longer and the coffee taste good. As I was pouring the water into the tank, I realize that tests and difficulties doe the same thing for the human soul that vinegar water does for a coffeemaker.

Tests and difficulties clean our souls, when a person encounters a tests and turns to God that person's soul is cleaned. The person is prepared so that he or she can better serve God. The soul is cleaned of the dross that daily living deposits, which comes between the Divine Essence (God) and the individual.

If the person prays daily, instead of only turning to God in times of crises and tests, the person will have a smoother ride through the tests. However, no amount of prayer or scripture reading will prevent the soul from confronting tests and difficulties.

No comments: