Monday, March 10, 2014

Meditation Monday: Random Thoughts on Meditation and Exercise

Kamál (Perfection), 9 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 170 BE - Monday, March 10, 2014 about 5:46 pm Pacific Daylight Time

It's Monday and I'm not feeling well, which has affected both my exercise and meditation. I have to force myself to concentrate. I don't know if something I ate last night caused my "illness" or if it's a side effect of the time change.

I had to force myself to go to the gym this afternoon and once I got  there my body didn't want to cooperate. Specifically my left knee, it hurt when I attempted the leg stretch and when I was on the bike it make cracking or popping sounds. The only machine I was able to work on was the cardio machine.

I like the cardio machine because I can repeat prayers, affirmations, or scripture verses while I'm on it without slowing down the workout.  When I'm on the bike or the treadmill, I have to focus on what I'm doing and not let my mind wonder or I slow down. Unfortunately, I couldn't seem to focus on much of anything today.I hope and pray that tomorrow I will be able to focus on the exercises.

No comments: