Friday, March 14, 2014

Foodie Friday: I like Turkey Sausages

Istiqlál (Independence), 13 ‘Alá’ (Loftiness), 170 BE - Friday, March 14, 2014 about 11:29 am Pacific Daylight Time

I like turkey sausages! I tried them for the first time this morning and I realized that I like them. When I went to the store yesterday, I decided I needed some kind of meat to go with breakfast. I knew I didn't want beef, pork, or chicken, so I purchased two packages of fully cooked turkey sausages. I fixed them this morning with my hotcakes and eggs.

I don't know why I didn't try them before today, maybe because I wasn't raised eating anything except pork sausages. I purchased the link sausages because I can't eat the patties (not in the pork sausage anyway). The next time I get this type of meat, I'll purchase the turkey sausage patties and see if I can eat those better then the pork sausage patties. I may even purchase the turkey sausages that are not fully cooked and see how I like those.

I have to change the way I eat by cutting down on the beef  and the pork. Since I don't want to cut meat out entirely I have to start eating chicken and turkey. I think the next time I make Spanish rice, I will purchase the ground turkey and see how that works with my recipe. I prefer to have a little bit of meat in my diet, so poultry is a good substitute for beef and pork.

No comments: