Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Midweek Reflections: On a Nontraditional Breakfast

‘Idál (Justice), 6 Bahá (Splendor), 171 BE - Wednesday, March 27, 2014 about 9:05 am Pacific Daylight Time

It is Wednesday, halfway through the last full week of March 2014. This morning I am eating a nontraditional breakfast of chicken, spinach, and celery soup. I made the soup myself at the end of last week, so I have to finish it off today because I want to make another batch of bell pepper chicken soup.

When I went to the store on Saturday, at least I think it was Saturday, I bought a package of chicken leg quarters and a steak. At the time, I was not sure whether I wanted to make beef stew (I never use stew meat for beef stew because other cuts of beef are tenderer) or chicken soup. After checking my refrigerator and the cans I have in my pantry, I decided that chicken soup with celery and spinach would be a better choice. I will use the steak for something else, perhaps get some barbecue sauce to marinade the steak.

I like the soup I made, but it needs something. Therefore, before I make the bell pepper soup I will check the spices I have on hand. I do not keep salt in the house because I would rather cook with spices then with salt, besides sometimes I use canned vegetables in my soup and those have enough slat in them.

No comments: